Geography majors will:
- Demonstrate understanding of the interrelationships and interactions between society and the environment.
- Demonstrate general awareness of the theories and philosophies underlying geographical inquiry
- Demonstrate understanding of the natural and cultural processes that effect society and the environment in specific regions and locales.
- Acquire awareness of the diversity of peoples, places, and environments within a specific region or around the world.
- Demonstrate knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies that may be applied to help our communities, monitor natural areas, plan sensible urban developments, and observe human trends.
- Acquire skills in geographic information science and understand the interpretive capacity of geospatial technologies, and their place in society.