The Work-Study Program is a federally funded grant program which provides employment for either undergraduate or graduate students to help with the cost of education. If you have additional questions, see FAQs or a Financial Aid Advisor during walk-in hours. Please call (209) 667-3336.
If I am awarded Work-Study, what is my next step?
- Accept you award
- Apply for a job (You may begin seeking job placements as early as August)
- Fill out the Student Assistant Employment Application and submit it to the appropriate department you're applying for.
Funding is limited! Students may begin working the first day of each semester; or the date the hiring process is completed, whichever date is later.
Before you can begin work:
Federal Work-Study Authorization Form (obtained by hiring department) must be completed before you begin working. The form must be completed by the hiring department and submitted to the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office located in MSR Suite 100. (Building #27 see map)
First Time Work-Study Employee:
If you are a first time work-study employee that has been hired (not previously employed), a sign-in session with Human Resources is required prior to beginning work. Students will need to bring completed New Hire documents (provided below) and acceptable identification to one of the scheduled Sign-Ins. For more information please visit Human Resources website.
- SPAR (Student Payroll Action Request).pdf
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Payroll Direct Deposit Form.pdf
* If one of the sign-in sessions conflicts with a student's classes, an appointment may be scheduled online at: https://www.csustan.edu/hr/student-employment/new-student-employee-sign OR by contactting Human Resources Department (MSR 320 Building #27 see map) at (209) 667-3351.
NOTE: If your Federal Work-Study award is not accepted it or if you have not found employment it may be canceled. Cancellation is for the entire academic year.
- Student Assistant Employment Guidelines (HR)
- Work-Study students can enter their hours worked on their MYCSUSTAN account,
by following the TimeSheet Instructional guide.
Do you need help with your resume? Preparing for interviews?
America Reads Program
A program funded through federal work-study .Tutors work with K-6th grade students to improve their reading skills at local elementary schools.
Forms (Current Tutors)
Interested in a Work-Study Position
- Complete your FAFSA by the priority deadline (March 2nd)
- Be enrolled in at least 6.0 units
- Be in Good Academic Standing
If you were not originally awarded Work-Study and wish to receive Federal Work-Study, submit a written request to add work-study to your financial aid award. If funding becomes available, you will be notified by the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office.
Only students who have a Federal Work-Study award may apply for jobs through the Work-Study Program.