Intramural Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)


Who can play intramural sports?

All enrolled, student fee paying CSU Stanislaus undergraduate and graduate students are members of the SRC Student Fitness Center, and are automatically eligible to play Intramural Sports. All CSU Stanislaus faculty, staff, and alumni who have purchased memberships to the SRC Student Fitness Center are eligible to participate in intramural sports.  

Effective January 1, 2015, All CSU faculty, staff and alumni must have memberships to the SRC Student Fitness Center in order to play Intramural Sports. 

Can current CSU Stanislaus varsity athletes participate in intramural sports?

Players for varsity intercollegiate programs are not eligible for intramural participation in any sport that corresponds to the one they competed in. However, they may participate in any sport that is not directly related to their collegiate one. For example, a current CSU Stanislaus basketball player cannot participate in IM Basketball but they may play IM Volleyball.

To be eligible for IM participation in their related sport, collegiate athletes must have not participated with CSU Stanislaus or any other collegiate team for a full semester. For example, if a collegiate soccer player’s final season ended in November, they would not be eligible to participate in Intramural soccer until the following semester starting in the fall.

Team/ Registration

How and where do I register to play in the intramurals program?

Intramural registration is completed at the Student Recreation Center.  Each individual’s fees will need to be paid for in person at the SRC Student Fitness Center Front Desk using their IM registration tablets, prior to being able to create a team or play on a team.

How much does it cost to play intramural sports?

Each sport costs $10 per individual. All payments must be made at the Student Recreation Complex with credit card.

What if I don’t have a full team to play with?

A participant may sign up as a free agent or request to join a currently existing team. Free agents must also attend representative meetings to notify captains that they are available for pick-up.

How many teams can I play on?

In each sport a participant may play on one single-gender (Men’s or Women’s) team and one Co-Rec team.

Game Sites, Times, and Locations

Where are intramural sports played?

Sport locations may vary according to sport, specifics will be available at the representatives team meetings. All sports are played here at CSUSTAN campus, the locations may be the Student Recreation Complex Gym, the Intramural Field adjacent to the parking in front of the arena, and the aquatics facility.

Where is the Intramural Sports office located?

The Intramural Sports Office is located in the Student Recreation Complex (SRC) Office #2.

When and where are games played?

Game days and times vary depending on the sport.  Please check our Intramural Information Board in the Student Recreation Complex or on any of our social media accounts.

Do I need ID for every game?

Yes, a photo ID is required in order to participate in every game. CSU Stanislaus student ID, a driver’s license, or passports are all valid.

I played for a team and now I would like to switch rosters. What should I do?

Players may not be dropped from any roster after they have participated in a regular season game.

My team has a game scheduled for tonight, but I know we can’t make it.  What should I do?

If you know in advance that your team will not have enough players to compete as scheduled, contact the Intramural Sports office at (209) 667-3790 or email us at . There is no guarantee that the game will be rescheduled. If the game cannot be rescheduled, the team will be charged with a forfeit.

What happens if we forfeit a game?

If your team does not show up for a game or does not have enough players to participate 5 minutes after the scheduled start time, the game will count as a forfeit. If your team forfeits one game your team will have to meet with the Recreation Specialist and members responsible for causing the forfeit will be subject to a $10.00 fee, your team is not eligible to play until all penalized team members have completed their payment to be reinstated. Reinstatement is not necessarily guaranteed.

How much of my own equipment do I need to play any of the sports?

Intramurals will provide the game balls and jerseys for the team sports. No jerseys are required for Volleyball. For Soccer, Intramurals does not provide or require shin guards but we strongly encourage participants to wear them.


What must my team do to be eligible for the playoffs?

All teams must average a 3.0 sportsmanship rating, all teams are eligible to make it to playoffs.

What is the Sportsmanship Rating System?

Campus Recreation Intramurals expects all Intramural participants to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner. Sportsmanship points (4-1) are awarded to teams during each contest, based on how teams conduct themselves during their respective game or match. The rating system will be posted on our website and be available to our On Site Managers.


I have a question, but it isn’t listed here.  What should I do?

If you have a question about something that isn’t addressed here, feel free to contact the Intramural Sports office by phone at (209) 667-3790 or send us an email at .