Flu Vaccines are Available
Call (209) 667-3396 to make an appointment.
Flu vaccines are free for eligible students and $20.00 for faculty and staff. Flu vaccines are available by appointment only.
Monday - Thursday
8:30 - 11:15 a.m. and 1:30 - 4 p.m.
9:30 to 11:15 a.m. and 1:30 to 4 p.m.
Seasonal Flu Information
The Student Health Center continues to see many individuals with influenza and people with milder cold symptoms. Please be reminded that these infections are common in our community at this time. The best protection is handwashing (hand sanitizer works too!) and flu vaccination.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and need to be seen:
Please call the Student Health Center at (209) 667-3396 before you arrive. This allows us to better evaluate your needs over the phone and helps determine the best level of care while preventing the possible spread of illness.
If you are experiencing mild cold or flu-like symptoms, here are a few other things you can do to feel better until you recover:
- Stay home and get plenty of rest to give your body a chance to recover and to avoid exposing others.
- Don't smoke or drink alcohol.
- Hydrate enough to keep your urine clear or light yellow - you get dehydrated very quickly when you have a fever.
- Make sure you have a thermometer. Thermometers are available for purchase in our pharmacy.
- For fever (100.4 or higher), muscle aches, sore throat, or headache you can take ibuprofen (like Motrin or Advil) or acetaminaphen (like Tylenol).
- Please follow directions on the medication packaging, do not exceed recommended dosages, and seek telephone advice if your fever >100F is not relieved after taking medication.
For a cough:
Cough medicine you buy over the counter with dextromethorphan may help, but a hot tea with honey is just as good, breathing in the steam is very soothing. Cough lozenges with ingredients like honey or menthol can also help to keep your cough under control during the day, especially if you have to be alert. Our pharmacy has over-the-counter cough medication available for purchase.
Updated: October 01, 2021