SHAC Presentation Request
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is pleased to offer presentations on the health services available to Stan State students. Each presentation is 10–15 minutes and given by members of the Student Health Advisory Committee. If you are interested in having a presentation done, please complete the form below. We require at least a one-week notice prior to the presentation date.
Now Accepting Applications for SHAC 2021-2022!
The mission of the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is to serve as a student organization for individuals interested in promoting health related issues on campus and to identify and represent all groups of the student body. SHAC is composed of interested students that volunteer their time and work as liaisons between the student body and the Student Health Center to better respond to student needs.
What is SHAC?
SHAC fulfills Executive Order 943 from the Chancellor’s Office. SHAC members serve as an advisory committee to the Student Health Center on the scope of service, delivery, funding, and other critical issues relating to campus health services. Students constitute the majority of the membership and the committee may include faculty, administrator, and staff members. There should be a representative from the Student Health Center. A student chairs the committee.
Why join SHAC?
- Get valuable experience working as part of a group.
- Have a practical experience you can list on your resume.
- Meet people and help advance health topics.
- Advocate for health issues relevant to Stanislaus State students.
- SHAC student leadership opportunities are available.
How to Get Involved
For those interested in being involved with the Student Health Center and the Student Health Advisory Committee, you can:
- Attend SHAC meetings.
- Participate in SHAC events as your schedule allows.
If you are interested in SHAC, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHAC Meeting Schedule
The second Monday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
SHAC has been involved in a wide range of activities:
- Raised public awareness and support for the increased Health Services Fee cost of living adjustment to maintain and improve the services offered by the Student Health Center.
- Support and provide feedback to the Director of the Student Health Center to keep the center open for the winter term.
- Contributed to the Stanislaus State Health Education & Promotion program to give students hands-on experience in the health education and promotion field conveniently on campus
- Assisted with the Student Activities Center’s Alcohol Awareness campaign “Thirsty Thursdays”.
- Assisted with Student Recreation and Wellness outreach events on the quad.
- Collaborated with the Department of Kinesiology to provide practicum experience for students.
Meet Your 2020-2021 Student Health Advisory Committee
Year in school: Senior
Hobbies: Outdoor activities, traveling, and DIY
Ruth Morales Gallegos
Year in School: 3rd
Hobbies: lifting and playing violin
Year in School: Junior
Hobbies: weightlifting, walking my dog, and hiking
Year: 4th year/ senior
Hobbies: dancing and playing the ukulele
Year in School: 4th year
Hobbies: Dancing and Traveling
Updated: October 01, 2021