The document Assessment of General Education (2012) provides a chronological overview since 1999 of the growth in number and the maturity of the assessment measures undertaken to demonstrate the quality of the general education program and student learning.
Assessment results for general education are communicated through meeting minutes and annual reports of the General Education Subcommittee. In addition, the University Educational Policies Committee, the General Education subcommittee, the Assessment of Student Learning subcommittee, and the academic administration review the results of general education assessments and recommend appropriate actions for improvement to the Academic Senate and the President.
Assessment of General Education
- General Education Goal and Outcomes Chronology 2008-2015
- General Education Goals and Outcomes
- General Education Batch Recertification Process for Existing General Education Courses 3/AS/18/UEPC
- General Education Batch Recertification Form
General Education Academic Program Review
The Academic Program Review of General Education includes both upper and lower division requirements/courses.
- General Education Academic Program Review 4/10/09. pdf
- General Education Assessment Plan Update 11/12/09.pdf
Data Sources for General Education Assessment
In an effort to fully utilize the assessment measures administered on campus, the Office of Institutional Research extracts general education data from existing assessment methods as a means to assess student achievement of general education learning goals as well as explore patterns in general education courses among faculty and students. See the University-Wide Assessment Methods page for executive summaries.