The document Assessment of General Education (2012) provides a chronological overview since 1999 of the growth in number and the maturity of the assessment measures undertaken to demonstrate the quality of the general education program and student learning.
Assessment results for general education are communicated through meeting minutes and annual reports of the General Education Subcommittee. In addition, the University Educational Policies Committee, the General Education subcommittee, the Assessment of Student Learning subcommittee, and the academic administration review the results of general education assessments and recommend appropriate actions for improvement to the Academic Senate and the President.
Assessment of General Education
- General Education Assessment Plan.pdf
- General Education Goal and Outcomes Chronology 2008-2015
- General Education Goals and Outcomes
- General Education Batch Recertification Process for Existing General Education Courses 3/AS/18/UEPC
General Education Academic Program Review
The Academic Program Review of General Education includes both upper and lower division requirements/courses.
General Education Assessment Archive
- General Education Academic Program Review 4/10/09. pdf
- General Education Assessment Plan Update 11/12/09.pdf