This page provides basic instructions to embed a Panopto video in Canvas. "Embed" means to place a video player right on a Canvas page. Users may also choose to open an embedded video in the full interactive viewer if needed.
Add a Video
You may embed a Panopto video anywhere in the course where you have access to the Rich Content Editor such as Pages, Announcements, or Discussions, etc.
- Navigate to the area in Canvas where you would like to embed a video and choose to make a new item.
Note: When the item opens, place your cursor at the spot in the item where the video should be displayed. You can display the video anywhere with the existing layout of the document. Some restrictions apply.
- In the Rich Content Editor, open the External Tools item from the second row of tools.
- Select Panopto Recordings.
- Your Panopto course library will appear. Locate the video.
Note: it may already be in a library folder that you have access to, or you may need to upload the file from your computer, or you may wish to create the video from scratch using the Panopto Recorder software for your computer.
- Select the video to embed.
- Click Insert to finish embedding the video.
- Save the Canvas page (or Save & Publish)
Delete a Video
Sometimes it becomes necessary to delete a Panopto video from a Canvas page. The following video illustrates how to do this.
- Place your cursor at the start of the first line that is immediately after the Panopto video.
- Slowly click and drag upward until the indicator for "iframe" appears below the editor. Release your mouse or trackpad button.
- Click the "iframe" item in the breadcrumbs below the editor. This will select the Panopto video though you will not see more of a visual indication.
- Press "Delete" on your keyboard to remove the video.