This page provides basic instructions to create a Panopto video link in a Canvas course module.
- Open the Canvas course and go to the Modules page.
- Scroll to the module where the video link will be displayed.
- Click the "+" icon at the top of the module to open the Add screen.
- In the "Add" dropdown menu, choose External Tool
- N.B. An external tool is a third-party tool or service that has been integrated (connected) with Canvas
- Click on Panopto Recordings in the list of tools.
- Upload the video file or locate it in your existing Panopto video library.
- Option 1: Choose an existing video from your Panopto library folders
- Option 2: Upload a new video file from your computer (selected below)
- Option 3: Record a new video using the Panopto Recorder and then choose it.
- Select the video and click Insert.
- Scroll down and review the title given in the Page Name field and change it if desired. Tip: this is the link text that users will see, so it should read like a title or contain a simple instruction to "watch".
- Click Add Item to complete the process.
Updated: June 14, 2023