Sistas in Support
The Sistas In Support (SIS) Mentorship Program started with a discussion between two students in Fall of 2020. This idea quickly become a reality with the guidance of two African American women faculty who shared a similar goal.
Sistas in Support is designed to pair students with staff members, faculty, and admin who have similar academic backgrounds, hobbies, and career interests.
Our goal is to continue to grow out campus community and ensure that our Black Women know they have support and a home away from home.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Zoom information
- If you are in need of special accomodations
Learn more about how Sistas in Support got started by reading, "Sistas in Support Encourages Mentorships of Black Women Students"
Connect with us on Instagram @SistasInSupport
- Summer Bash - MSR 130 - July 21st
- Hot Cocoa Convos - Via Zoom - March 17, 2022
- VIP (Values Into Priorities) - Via Zoom - April 13, 2022
- Check-In Meeting - Via Zoom - May 11, 2022
- General Meeting Dates - Via Zoom: September 16th, October 21st, November 18th, December 17th
- Let's Talk Micro-Aggressions - Via Zoom - October 21st, 2021
- Saturday with Sistas - Brunch with Us! - December 18th, 2021
- Hot Cocoa Convos - Via Zoom - February 23rd, 2021
- Celebrating Phenomenal Black Women - Via Zoom - March 12th, 2021
- Black Women's Mental Health Discussion - Via Zoom - March 29th, 2021
- Welcome to The Stoop - Sistas in Support x Black Mens Alliance - Via Zoom - April 28th, 2021
- General Meeting - Via Zoom - May 10th, 2021
Updated: April 27, 2023