Fall 2021 Career Fair Expo
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
The Career & Professional Development Center in collaboration with the College of Business Administration at Stanislaus State is excited to partner with Handshake to host the spring career fair in a virtual format for Fall 2021. Employer Registration dates for the fair are TBD. Questions? Contact Rebecca Stephen, Employer and Student Engagement Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this event is to connect you, the employer, with potential employees, our Stanislaus State undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni. We would also like to expose our students to the many employment opportunities available to them, both locally and nationally in a career fair setting.
Even in these unprecedented times, our students and alumni are still in need of valuable employment and our employers still need our amazing Stanislaus State students' talent! We recognize this and are dedicated to providing these opportunities.
$75 Non-Profit/ Government
$125 For Profit
- Registration of up to 15 representatives
- Video, audio, and chat communication with students
- 3 Group Sessions with up to 50 students each (30 minutes)
- 1:1 student meetings scheduled in advance or after a group session (10 minutes)
- Sharing your values and documentation with students ahead of time
- Access to training videos on how to set up your scheduling and customer support through Handshake
How to Register:
- Create an account on Handshake and wait for approval. Once approved, click on the Upcoming Career Fairs on your Dashboard.
- Already have an account on Handshake? Go directly to the Event Registration Here.
- Registration dates are TBD. Registration received after is subject to availability.
- During registration, you’ll be asked to share the number of representatives who plan to attend the fair (limit is up to 15). Each representative you register will be able to create their own unique schedule to engage with students via group or 1:1.
- Visit the Handshake's Employee site and links below for more information:
Payment & Event Confirmation
- Event Registration is "Pending" until payment or billing option is completed. Once registered, an email notification will be sent for payment options. Payment/ billing is received electronically through our secure server by Credit Card payment or Invoicing.
- Following receipt of payment/ billing, your event registration will be confirmed and you will be emailed more details on how to set up your schedule at the fair (read more for an overview of how you can do this).
Once you have been notified that your registration has been received and accepted, the following cancellation/ refund policy is in effect:
- Cancellations received two weeks before the event IN WRITING will receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued after the deadline date.
- We cannot “roll over” sponsorships or provide refunds.
- The University will provide refunds employers with outstanding fees.
Employer To Do List: (After Registration Confirmation)
- Set up schedules for your representatives (Group Meetings and/ or 1:1 Meetings)- Creating a Schedule for Virtual Career Fair Step by Step Instructions and/or watch the quick video: How to Set a Schedule for Virtual Career Fair.
- Once schedules have been set up, representatives will receive an email to Review and Claim their Schedule
- Once your schedule has been created/ claimed, you’ll be able to manage your individual schedule or schedules of representatives as needed- Manage Schedules
- Make sure your Company Profile on Handshake is updated with the correct logo, website links and any other information you would like to provide to the student, as this is part of your profile they view at the fair and on handshake.
- Post job and internship opportunities on Handshake so students can see view your opportunities before the fair and apply.
Additional Virtual Career Fair Resources:
- Help Articles: Virtual Recruiting- Toolkit for Employers
- Watch- Video: Virtual Fair Training for Employers Webinar
- Attend a Training - Virtual Career Fair Training for Employers- Learn now to stand out from the crowd! This training will be recorded for future viewing after 8/20/20.
- Help Article: Video Requirements & Troubleshooting for Employers
- Help Article: Hosting a Virtual Fairs Session
- Support- Please refer to Virtual Fairs: Proactive & Day-of Support for more details.
- Trust & Safety- Please refer to Virtual Fairs: Trust & Safety for more details.
- Technical Requirements- Please refer to Virtual Fairs: Technical Requirements for more details.
- Accessibility- Please refer to Virtual Fairs: Accessibility for more information!
After the Fair:
After your sessions are over, follow up with participants!
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Stephen, Employer and Student Engagement Analyst, at email@example.com.