Science and Math Articulation and Research for Transfers (SMART) identifies and reduces articulation gaps through collaboration with our 3 largest community college partners, Modesto Junior College, Merced College and San Joaquin Delta College to provide pre-matriculation advising, personnel training, and outreach targeting first-year community college transfer students.
Benefits of participating in SMART:
- Science-focused transfer counseling, student orientations, & workshops
- Access to the SMART Advisor Transfer Specialist and Peer Mentors, including receiving one on one help transferring to Stanislaus State
- Regular access to Stanislaus State STEM faculty
To be eligible for SMART, students must:
- Be a community college student from Modesto Junior College, Merced College, or San Joaquin Delta College.
- Be a student planning to transfer to Stanislaus State in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Math, Physics or Physical Science
SMART student expectations:
- Meet with a counselor each semester at your community college
- Follow a student educational plan as outlined by the SMART Advisor Transfer Specialist
- Attend presentations and workshops throughout the year
- Follow application dates and deadlines as directed by the SMART Advisor Transfer Specialist and Stanislaus State
Updated: July 05, 2023