The mission of the Office of the Provost is to provide academic leadership to the University and to ensure quality undergraduate and graduate education through service and support to the campus community.
As such, the Office of the Provost strives to serve as a central resource for the campus community, ensuring quality academic programming and fostering partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders to promote and support student success.
The Office of the Provost achieves this by empowering faculty, staff, administrators and students with the knowledge and support necessary so that we can each carry out our individual roles in fulfilling our university’s mission.
Stanislaus State is comprised of four colleges offering 43 undergraduate programs and 15 master's programs, one doctoral program, and seven credential programs. Students are encouraged to take courses to give them a broad understanding of the liberal arts and sciences in their first two years so they can make an informed choice of specialization.
Our Four Colleges
Stanislaus State received its first full accreditation in 1965 and full re-accreditations in 1999 and 2010 from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
The following programs are accredited by their specialty organizations:
College of the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Art - National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Music - National Association of Schools of Music
- Public Administration - National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- Theatre - National Association of Schools of Theatre
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Intl.
College of Education, Kinesiology & Social Work
- Education - California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Social Work - Council on Social Work Education
College of Science
- Genetic Counseling - American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Nursing - Board of Registered Nursing; Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education