The Graduate School is committed to the development of scholarly leaders through outstanding graduate and postbaccalaureate programs that require students to demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, the ability to integrate theory and practice, and creativity in scholarly endeavors. Students emerge equipped to face real-life challenges and contribute to the body of knowledge in their fields of study.
The Graduate School develops, plans, assesses, improves, and administers the policies and procedures established by the Graduate Council, the chief governance body for graduate and postbaccalaureate programs.
We invite you to explore the opportunities that await you as a Stanislaus State graduate student. Choose one of the links below to learn about program requirements and important dates and deadlines. More questions? Give us a call or email Graduate_School@csustan.edu.
Graduate Learning Goals
To ensure the quality of the advanced programs and student learning experiences, the Graduate Council established six student learning goals for graduate/postbaccalaureate students in master's and doctoral degree programs.
- Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge, skills, and values appropriate to the discipline.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to be creative, analytical, and critical thinkers within the scope of the discipline.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to contribute to the scholarship of their disciplines.
- Students will demonstrate relevant knowledge of diverse perspectives and broader contexts as appropriate to the discipline.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of new and various methods and applications as appropriate to the discipline.
- Students will be required to demonstrate advanced communication skills, complemented, as appropriate to the discipline, by the ability to access and analyze information from myriad primary, print, and technological sources.
The Graduate Council continually assesses the achievement of these goals using surveys, program reviews, and analyses of student academic performance.