About UPD Services
The University Police Department is a full service police agency. The department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The officers are full sworn peace officers anywhere in the state of California.
The University Police are responsible for responding to and investigating all crimes that occur on the campus of Stanislaus State.
Where appropriate, and with probable cause, the University Police will arrest or seek criminal charges against a named and identified criminal suspect.
The University Police will coordinate with the Stanislaus County District Attorney's Office in seeking any criminal complaint.
Response to Violence
The University Police Department will utilize an appropriate level of response to all reported acts of violence on the Stanislaus State campus.
- Response by the University Police Department will be implemented for any of the following scenarios:
- Report of shots fired on or around the Stanislaus State campus.
- Report of a weapon on campus.
- A hostage situation or armed barricaded person on or around the Stanislaus State campus.
- Report of a shooting, stabbing, or other assault with a deadly weapon on or around the Stanislaus State campus.
- Report of a fight in progress.
- Report of an extremely disruptive, potentially violent, and/or emotionally unstable individual.
- The University Police Department will ensure that an appropriate level of response to the situation in instituted.
- Where appropriate the University Police Department will seek the assistance of any outside agency necessary to resolve the incident.
- The University Police Department will ensure that the appropriate level of notification to the University Administration is made regarding the incident.
- The University Police Department will ensure that the appropriate reports are filed detailing the incident and actions taken to resolve the incident. A full investigation of the incident will be performed by the University Police Department and, where appropriate, criminal filings will be sought on identified suspects.
Updated: June 29, 2023