The Asian Pacific Islander Faculty & Staff Association aims to:
- promote a campus climate that is sensitive, representative, and fair to all ethnic groups, including for example, Asian, Asian-American, Southeast Asian, Pacific Islander, Asian Indian and other Asian groups through a variety of efforts;
- provide support and input in the fair recruitment or hiring, retention, and promotion of Asian students, faculty, staff, and administrators on campus;
- respond proactively to the needs of the growing Asian student body, with a commitment to broadening and deepening the curriculum with regard to Asian issues;
- build strong, effective linkages with the University administration and with the surrounding community at large;
- create a social support network of partnerships and personal friendships among the members of the organization;
- encourage and empower individuals in the organization to become more actively involved in important University, community, professional, and political service with the purpose of creating a more harmonious and diverse community.
More Info Coming Soon! - Check out our past events page