The Design and Construction division oversees the design and construction phases for building projects. In addition, the division provides support for requests such as:
- Building code compliance & building standards.pdf
- Building modifications and upgrades
- Building permits
- Furniture selection
- Interior design/Space planning
The division also assists departments with evaluation of project feasibility, site survey work, preparation of required drawings and the development of construction specifications, prints of campus maps and building floor plans, and drafting and the preparation of project contract specifications. Department requests are performed on a reimbursable basis. Departments requesting construction projects should submit a Work Order Request Form.pdf
The New Student Center
The former University Student Union Building is being renovated and expanded to evolve into a new Student Center. The proposed facility will be a 152,432 square foot, 2-story building in the heart of campus, providing a place for students to collaborate, create, and relax.
- Project Cost: $35,550,733
- Construction Start Date: March 2018
- Construction Completion Date: November 2019
- Project Delivery Method: Collaborative Design-Build
- Architect: AC Martin
- Contractor: Turner Construction Co.
- University Construction Team Members:
- Melody Maffei, Construction Administrator
- Tim Overgaauw, Director of Facilities Operations
- Mary E. Van Eyk, CPFM
- Don Price, Construction Manager, Van Pelt Construction Services
- Terry Williams, Inspector of Record
For more information about the project, please go to the ASI/USU webpage.
See the project in real-time: Live Camera Feed - True Look