Start early to build your job search skills. There are many resources available to help you get started.
- Skills Assessment - Evaluate your strengths and marketable skills. By analyzing your personality, academic, volunteer and work experiences you can identify attributes and skills to develop your career goals and distinguish yourself in the labor market.
- Informational Interviews - Capitalize on your status as a student to ask professionals and others for information and advice.
- Career Networking - Use personal and professional contacts to find information, working professionals and job leads. A job lead is information about a position that might not be advertised or that hasn't yet been posted.
- Effective Career Communication - Learn strategies for effectively presenting yourself on paper to employers with targeted Résumés and employer-centered Cover Letters.
- Purpose - Pursue your future with a purpose
- Are You Career Ready? Review the 8 career readiness competencies for college students.
Career Coaches provide individualized assistance on an appointment basis on any of the topics listed as well as others according to student need. Résumé and Cover Letter critiques are available during Drop-In hours or by appointment.
- How to Conduct a Strategic Job Search
- Interview Preparation - Practice for any type of interview with a mock interview and critique session with a Career Coach.
- Career Fair Success Tips
- Dress For Success - Learn important tips for impression management. Attend the JCPenney Suit Up shopping event!
- LinkedIn - Discover the power of virtual, professional networking. Research employers using LinkedIn.
- Portfolium - Create a digital portfolio to visually showcase your work, projects and skills to employers.
HIREStanState is the career platform linking students and alumni with employment opportunities and recruiting employers. Employers post full-time, part-time, temporary/summer jobs and internships.
Please use the link below to create or log into your HIREStanState portal: