Your College to Career Connection
Career education, guidance and support services are available to assist you in developing, implementing, and evaluating your career plans. Career information and resources on our pages are organized into three categories:
Explore your personality, values, skills, abilities, and aspirations and relate what you discover to Stan State majors and various career interests.
Build skills in professional communication and job seeking.
Use what you've learned to connect with employers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does Career & Professional Development do?
- CPDC offers a wide range of assistance from during college to being a graduate of Stanislaus State. We offer resume/cover letter guidance, interview success/tips, warrior wardrobe, major/career exploration, and events/workshops to assist students. These can be done 1-on-1 with a Career Coach or during workshops with other students nearby.
- How can I schedule an appointment with CPDC’s Career Coach?
- Log onto your student center and use the single sign on, find Handshake. Once you have located it, click on that and go ahead and schedule an appointment from there.
- What if I can’t make it to the appointments?
- No worries! CPDC understands students also have other things going on. Simply cancel the appointment or email email@example.com and we can go ahead and cancel it for you. You may reschedule to an appropriate time that works best for you or drop in during our walk-in hours.
- What is the contact information for CPDC and best way to contact?
- To receive faster responses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM our social media @stanstatecareer on Instagram. You may also leave a voicemail at (209) 667-3661 and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Can I stop by for the drop-in hours?
- Yes, our walk-in hours are the same as it was in the semester, this time, it's virtual! Log onto your HIREStanState powered by Handshake to get the link via Zoom.
- I am currently undeclared, is there something I can do in the meantime?
- Yes, if you are unsure with what major you are leaning towards, you may take the FOCUS2, a self-assessment that allows you to see what majors fit best towards your personality. After that, it is highly recommended to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach to go over your results if you are still confused about it. The link to FOCUS2 is: https://www.csustan.edu/career/focus-2. Access code is: warriors
- I am looking for a job on/off campus, how do I do that?
- If you are looking for an on-campus job for the next semester visit https://www.csustan.edu/students and scroll down until you see Working On & Off Campus. If you are planning to work on-campus WITH work study, contact Financial Aid at Financial_Aid@csustan.edu. If you are planning to work on-campus WITHOUT work study, contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you plan to work off-campus, please visit csustan.edu/hirestanstate to see listed jobs off campus.
- I would like to schedule an appointment for Warrior Wardrobe, can I still do that?
- Yes! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are workshops still being offered?
- Yes, all scheduled workshops will be offered virtually. Please refer to www.csustan.edu/career or your HIREStanState powered by Handshake portal for a complete listing. In the event you miss a workshop, the workshops are being recorded and linked to on our website.
- Are there career-related things that I could be doing to maximize my time?
- Right now would be a great time to engage in informational interviews. These can be done virtually and employees may have additional time due to working remotely. It would also be a good time to create your LinkedIN profile.
- Beyond the workshops being offered, are there any additional learning opportunities?
- The CPDC staff has been customizing LinkedIN Learning pathways specifically designed with our students in mind. You can access LinkedIN learning through your mycsustan portal.
- I am close to graduating, but am unsure of career opportunities in my field. How can the CPDC assist?
- Career Coaches can assist in identifying area-specific employers and job opportunities. By scheduling and appointment or attending the virtual walk-in hours, career coaches can assist in customizing job search opportunities specific to your interests.