The application process requires two steps: (1) University admission and (2) Program admission. First, candidates for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program or the combined Preliminary Administrative Services Credential and Master of Arts Degree in Education (School Administration Concentration) Program must meet system wide standards for advancement to graduate status. These general standards are: (1) having an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; (2) being in good academic standing at the last college or university attended; (3) having a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) attempted; and (4) satisfactorily meeting the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study.
For admission to the University, submit the University application and fee, and official transcripts from each college or university previously attended. You must apply for admission to the University online at calstate.edu/apply. For more information regarding University admission contact the Graduate School at (209) 667-3129,
For admission to the Credential and/or MA Program, please submit the following items to the Advanced Studies Office (DBH 348):
- Program application and receipt for program application fee.
(Use Cashier's Code PST 286) Printable Application (PDF)
- Copy of valid California Credential (showing expiration date).
- Proof of CBEST or CSET (only required for service credentials, i.e., PPS Credential)
- One letter of sponsorship from a school, district or county administrator.
- Verification of at least two years of full-time certificated experience (requirement may be waived with a signed letter of support from the candidate's district superintendent or equivalent). May be included in sponsorship letter.
A formal interview will be scheduled during program enrollment.
Students must maintain a 3.0 average or better on all coursework in order to continue with the program.
For additional information, please contact the Program Coordinator of the School Administration Program or the Academic Advisor.