The mission of Counseling & Psychological Services is to maintain and enhance students' psychological, emotional, and relational well-being. Counseling & Psychological Services facilitates a successful experience in academic and social realms for students at California State University, Stanislaus.
Commitment to Social Justice
Counseling & Psychological Services is committed to social justice and stands in solidarity with Black Lives Matter. We are committed to fostering an environment where racism and prejudice are not tolerated and where every student feels seen, heard, and validated. We are here for you, Warriors.
Counseling & Psychological Services provides professional, ethical, and confidential psychological counseling to students. Voluntary, non-coerced participation is emphasized. Students can arrange individual appointments with a professional counselor. All counseling faculty are licensed clinicians and have extensive training and experience assisting students with a wide range of psychological and interpersonal concerns.
Listed below are some of the common issues that students present:
- negative or depressed mood
- dealing with a crisis
- stress management
- academic focus and success
- concerns about eating & body image
- abuse of alcohol and other drugs
- grief and loss
- personal relationships
- family relationships
- multicultural issues
- dealing with trauma and abuse
- Counseling is available, free of charge, to currently enrolled students & extended education students at California State University, Stanislaus
- Consultation is available from CAPS to review a situation or to obtain information about resources. Consultation is available to students, faculty, and staff.
- Couples Counseling Services offer relationship counseling for partners or spouses to work on behaviors, communication, or other issues facing them as a couple. Both partners/spouses must currently be enrolled students at Stanislaus State to participate in couples counseling.
- Counseling & Psychological Services offers workshops, outreach, and consultation.
- Services are offered using a proactive, developmental and systemically-oriented model.
- Counseling & Psychological Services supports a multicultural, collaborative, and diverse campus community.
- Psychological Counselors assist students to develop cognitive and emotional integration, relationship skills, and personal resilience.
Updated: March 08, 2022