How to Apply to the MPA Program
Application to a graduate program at Stanislaus State occurs in two phases — students must apply both to the Graduate School and then to the individual graduate program. Qualified individuals holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may apply to the Graduate School. Each applicant must submit the following directly to the Graduate School office:
- Completed application through http://www.calstate.edu/apply
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. International students must have transcripts evaluated by the Graduate School.
Next, applicants need to apply to the Master of Public Administration program. To apply, you must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 2.7 or better in the last 60 semester units. The GRE is not required.
To complete your application, the following items should be sent directly to the MPA program office or via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your work or academic studies and can comment on your potential as a graduate student and professional in the field of public administration.
- A current resume or vita that details your education, work experiences, and other qualifications.
- A one- to two-page letter of interest explaining your purpose and career objectives in pursuing an MPA degree.
- Regardless of citizenship or residency, applicants who have not attended schools at the secondary level or above for at least three years (full-time) where English is the principal language of instruction must submit satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants must submit all required materials no later than June 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified by the program of admission status no later than June 30, 2018.
Applicants who have not completed formal classes in American government, elementary statistics, and micro-economics will be required to take basic undergraduate courses in these three subjects before registering for certain graduate level courses in the MPA Program.