Stanislaus State undergraduate students from all majors are encouraged to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate interest in obtaining a Ph.D. or masters degree
- Be either: 1) a low-income (as established by the U.S. Department of Education) and first-generation college student (neither parents or guardians with whom student resided earned a bachelor's degree) or 2) underrepresented in higher education (African American, Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander)
- Be either a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- Be able to do full-time research during the summer prior to graduation
- Have an anticipated graduation term of Spring 2020 or later
- Have completed at least 30 units (sophomore standing)
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
Students interested in medical, legal, or other professional degrees (e.g. M.D., J.D., MBA) are not eligible for this program.
STEM majors are highly encouraged to apply.