The McNair Scholars Program is designed to further the academic development of our Scholars by providing support services, activities, and experiences that help them complete their undergraduate degrees, enroll in a graduate program, and have the knowledge, skills, and background preparation that are required to successfully complete a graduate/doctoral program. Scholars are provided with many services to assist with the processes listed in our Participant Guide.
McNair Scholars also become members of the University Honors Program and are able to leverage the benefits of the program including the opportunity to design, publish, and present their research in the University Honors Program Journal and the annual Capstone Conference. Scholars receive research support and guidance through enrollment in a research course sequence.
McNair Scholars Course Sequence for Honors Capstone Project
The following benefits and services are available to McNair Scholars:
- Opportunity to work with a faculty mentor
- Summer research internship with a $2,800 stipend
- Research training and scholarly experiences, including attendance and participation in regional and national conferences
- Counseling through the graduate school admissions process
- Application fee waivers from participating graduate schools
- GRE preparation programming
- GRE fee reduction vouchers
- Publishing and presenting research in the Honors program Journal of Exploratory Research & annual Capstone Conference
- Participation in cultural and social group activities and events
- Enrichment workshops
- Group visits to regional graduate schools
Updated: November 23, 2022