Applying for Graduation
A prospective candidate for a baccalaureate degree should submit an application for graduation to the Enrollment Services Office when two semesters remain to complete requirements for the degree, or when a minimum of 90 has been earned toward completion of the degree. In any case, a student should not apply later than the date indicated in the academic calendar. Students who fail to graduate in the term for which they apply for graduation must reapply for a later term in order to be eligible for continuing undergraduate enrollment.
A prospective candidate for a baccalaureate degree must apply to the Enrollment Services Office for re-admission and be admitted for a new educational objective before April or October to qualify respectively for fall or spring Priority Registration. (University Catalog)
After you apply for graduation, a Graduation Approval Form will be mailed to you. The Graduation Approval Form must be taken to the Liberal Studies Department for instructions on completing the Graduation Approval Form process.
On-the-Cusp Waiver Program
The Provost’s Graduation Completion Waiver Program provides winter course fee waivers for up to 6 units to eligible Stan State students to enable them to graduate in Spring 2021. Waivers are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for eligible applicants.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Must have joined Stanislaus State as a first-time freshman in 2017 or as a first-time transfer student in 2019
- Must have a total of 99 units completed by the end of Fall 2020
- Must be matriculated in a State Support undergraduate program and enrolled in course work during Fall 2020
- Classes must be on the schedule for the term for which the waiver is requested
- Must be in good academic standing with the university and have a grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Must be able to graduate by Spring 2021 with waiver use, and able to demonstrate such with Degree Progress Report (DPR), with the addition of 1 - 6 units in the winter session
- Must have demonstrated financial need as determined by Pell Grant eligibility
If you are eligible, please visit the On-the-Cusp Waiver program page and follow the application instructions.