News and Announcements
The first Alumni-Student Networking Event was held on Friday, October 28, 2016. Thank you all for attending!
- Congratulations to Heather Muser (Cohort 7) and Dr. Virginia Montero Hernandez for placing 1st in the 31st annual Student Research Competition
- Congratulations to Janet Nunez-Pineda (Cohort 6) for being selected in the Modesto Bee's "20 under 40" program which spotlights rising stars in our region.
- Congratulations to Annie Arounsack (Cohort 3) for being appointed as the new Chief Business Official at Stanislaus Union School District
- Congratulations to Richard Caldwell (Cohort 7) for being appointed as the new principal at Mark Twain Junior High School
- Watch a short video celebrating Commencement 2016
Articles and Publications
- Schoener, H. J. & McKenzie, K. (2016). Equity Traps Redux: Inequitable Access to Foreign Language Courses for African American High School Students. Equity & Excellence in Education, 49(3), 284-299, DOI: 10.1080/10665684.2016.1194099
- Poole, D. & Preciado, M. (2016). Touch typing instruction: Elementary teachers' beliefs and practices. Computers and Education, 102, 1-14. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2016.06.008
- Riggs, J. (2016). Toward a new ecology of student success: expanding and transforming learning opportunities throughout the community college. League for Innovation in the Community College 19.
- McKenize, K. & Phillips, G. (2016). Equity traps then and now: deficit thinking, racial erasure and naive acceptance of meritocracy. Whiteness and Education, 1(1), 26-38. doi:10.1080/23793406.2016.1159600
- Manuel F. Aguilar-Tamayo, Silvia T. Acuna, and Virginia Montero Hernandez (2016). Hypermedia-based tutoring: Methodology for the production of hypermedia resources through face-to-fact tutoring. 2016 IEEE Glocal Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), doi: 10.1109/EDUCON.2016.7474555
- Donaldson, M., LeChasseur, K., and Mayer, A. (2016). Tracking instructional quality across secondary mathematics and English Language Arts classes. Journal of Educational Change pp 1-25. doi:10.1007/s10833-015-9269x
- Ocampo, A. & Soodjinda, D. (2016). Invisible Asian Americans: the intersection of sexuality, race, and education among gay Asian Americans. Race, Ethnicity and Education 19(3), 480-499. doi: 10.1080/13613324.2015.1095169
- LeChasseur, K., Mayer, A., Welton, A., and Donaldson, M. (2016). Situating teacher inquiry: a micropolitical perspective. School Effectiveness and School Improvement 27(2), 255-274. doi:10.1080/09243453.2015.1021818
- Locke, L. & McKenzie, K. (2016). 'It's like giving us a car, only without the wheels': a critical policy analysis of an early college programme. International Journal of Leadership in Education 19(2), 157-181. doi:10.1080/13603124.2015.1015617