News and Announcements
Thank you to Omar Garcia Ponce de Leon, PhD (UAEM, Mexico) for your insightful presentation on The Use of Image in Qualitative Research Methods. Your work brought attractive ideas for our scholarly activites and the work we do with our students. This conference contributes to our efforts to learn about the amazing work that scholars do at other institutions not only here in the US but also in Mexican Higher Education Institutions.
- Congratulations to Erin Webb (Cohort 6) for being appointed University Registrar at UC Merced
- Congratulations to Audry Garza (Cohort 7) for her new postion as Coordinator of ELA and HSS at Merced County Office of Education
- Congratulations to Jose Cardenas (Cohort 4) for being appointed as the Department Chair at Health Care Academy and appointed as the Central California Regional Representative for the California Association of School Counselors
- Congratulations to Mary Petty (Cohort 10) for being named Principal at Jacobson Elementary School in Tracy Unified School District
- Congratulations to Luangchee Xiong (Cohort 8) for receiving 1st place in the 32nd Annual Stan State Student Research Competition
- Congratulations to Seth Simas (Cohort 10) for being selected by the California Teachers Association as a recipient of a 2017-18 Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Congratulations to Luangchee Xiong and Soua Lee for being selected to present at the Asian Pacific Americans in Higher Education (APAHE) as well as the International Conference on Hmong Studies
- Congratulations to Drs. Brooke Boeding and Heather Muser (Dr. Virgnina Montero Hernandez, Dissertation Chair) on being selected as finalists for the 2017 CPED Dissertation in Practice Award.
- Congratulations to Heather Muser (Cohort 7) and Dr. Virginia Montero Hernandez for placing 1st in the 31st annual Student Research Competition
- Watch a short video celebrating Commencement 2016
Articles and Publications
- Poole, D. (2018). CUE conferences: A retrospective from a CUE pioneer.Computer Using Educators blog.
- Schoener, H. J. & McKenzie, K. (2016). Equity Traps Redux: Inequitable Access to Foreign Language Courses for African American High School Students. Equity & Excellence in Education, 49(3), 284-299, DOI: 10.1080/10665684.2016.1194099
- Poole, D. & Preciado, M. (2016). Touch typing instruction: Elementary teachers' beliefs and practices. Computers and Education, 102, 1-14. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2016.06.008
- Riggs, J. (2016). Toward a new ecology of student success: expanding and transforming learning opportunities throughout the community college. League for Innovation in the Community College 19.
- McKenize, K. & Phillips, G. (2016). Equity traps then and now: deficit thinking, racial erasure and naive acceptance of meritocracy. Whiteness and Education, 1(1), 26-38. doi:10.1080/23793406.2016.1159600
- Manuel F. Aguilar-Tamayo, Silvia T. Acuna, and Virginia Montero Hernandez (2016). Hypermedia-based tutoring: Methodology for the production of hypermedia resources through face-to-fact tutoring. 2016 IEEE Glocal Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), doi: 10.1109/EDUCON.2016.7474555
- Donaldson, M., LeChasseur, K., and Mayer, A. (2016). Tracking instructional quality across secondary mathematics and English Language Arts classes. Journal of Educational Change pp 1-25. doi:10.1007/s10833-015-9269x
- Ocampo, A. & Soodjinda, D. (2016). Invisible Asian Americans: the intersection of sexuality, race, and education among gay Asian Americans. Race, Ethnicity and Education 19(3), 480-499. doi: 10.1080/13613324.2015.1095169
- LeChasseur, K., Mayer, A., Welton, A., and Donaldson, M. (2016). Situating teacher inquiry: a micropolitical perspective. School Effectiveness and School Improvement 27(2), 255-274. doi:10.1080/09243453.2015.1021818
- Locke, L. & McKenzie, K. (2016). 'It's like giving us a car, only without the wheels': a critical policy analysis of an early college programme. International Journal of Leadership in Education 19(2), 157-181. doi:10.1080/13603124.2015.1015617