News and Announcements
Congratulations to Terry Metzger for being selected as the new Superintendent for Denair Unified School District
Congratulations to Luangchee Xiong for being selected as the 2018 Outstanding Student
The first Alumni-Student Networking Event was held on Friday, October 28, 2016. Thank you all for attending!
- Congratulations to Luangchee Xiong for receiving 1st place in the 32nd Annual Stan State Student Research Competition
- Congratulations to Seth Simas for being selected by the California Teachers Association as a recipient of a 2017-18 Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Congratulations to Luangchee Xiong and Soua Lee for being selected to present at the Asian Pacific Americans in Higher Education (APAHE) as well as the International Conference on Hmong Studes
- Congratulations to Drs. Brooke Boeding and Heather Muser (Dr. Virgnina Montero Hernandez, Dissertation Chair) on being selected as finalists for the 2017 CPED Dissertation in Practice Award.
- Congratulations to Heather Muser (Cohort 7) and Dr. Virginia Montero Hernandez for placing 1st in the 31st annual Student Research Competition
- Congratulations to Janet Nunez-Pineda (Cohort 6) for being selected in the Modesto Bee's "20 under 40" program which spotlights rising stars in our region.
- Congratulations to Annie Arounsack (Cohort 3) for being appointed as the new Chief Business Official at Stanislaus Union School District
- Congratulations to Richard Caldwell (Cohort 7) for being appointed as the new principal at Mark Twain Junior High School
- Watch a short video celebrating Commencement 2016
Articles and Publications
- Poole, D. (2018). CUE conferences: A retrospective from a CUE pioneer.Computer Using Educators blog.
- Schoener, H. J. & McKenzie, K. (2016). Equity Traps Redux: Inequitable Access to Foreign Language Courses for African American High School Students. Equity & Excellence in Education, 49(3), 284-299, DOI: 10.1080/10665684.2016.1194099
- Poole, D. & Preciado, M. (2016). Touch typing instruction: Elementary teachers' beliefs and practices. Computers and Education, 102, 1-14. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2016.06.008
- Riggs, J. (2016). Toward a new ecology of student success: expanding and transforming learning opportunities throughout the community college. League for Innovation in the Community College 19.
- McKenize, K. & Phillips, G. (2016). Equity traps then and now: deficit thinking, racial erasure and naive acceptance of meritocracy. Whiteness and Education, 1(1), 26-38. doi:10.1080/23793406.2016.1159600
- Manuel F. Aguilar-Tamayo, Silvia T. Acuna, and Virginia Montero Hernandez (2016). Hypermedia-based tutoring: Methodology for the production of hypermedia resources through face-to-fact tutoring. 2016 IEEE Glocal Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), doi: 10.1109/EDUCON.2016.7474555
- Donaldson, M., LeChasseur, K., and Mayer, A. (2016). Tracking instructional quality across secondary mathematics and English Language Arts classes. Journal of Educational Change pp 1-25. doi:10.1007/s10833-015-9269x
- Ocampo, A. & Soodjinda, D. (2016). Invisible Asian Americans: the intersection of sexuality, race, and education among gay Asian Americans. Race, Ethnicity and Education 19(3), 480-499. doi: 10.1080/13613324.2015.1095169
- LeChasseur, K., Mayer, A., Welton, A., and Donaldson, M. (2016). Situating teacher inquiry: a micropolitical perspective. School Effectiveness and School Improvement 27(2), 255-274. doi:10.1080/09243453.2015.1021818
- Locke, L. & McKenzie, K. (2016). 'It's like giving us a car, only without the wheels': a critical policy analysis of an early college programme. International Journal of Leadership in Education 19(2), 157-181. doi:10.1080/13603124.2015.1015617