Skip navigation link
Tips for Virtual Learning
- Reach out to your instructors to find out details related to their specific classes.
- Check Blackboard for updates. Instructors are encouraged to use Blackboard to keep you informed. Your instructors will contact you with information regarding scheduled tests and exams.
- Contact OIT Technology Support if you have questions about tech tools.
- If offered, participate in virtual office hours over Zoom.
- Take the time to put together the schedule and expectations for each of your classes. Check your Blackboard account for updates to your syllabus.
- Prioritize your work. What due dates are coming up first? Make a smart decision about how to best spend your time. Learn more about digital literacy and time management.
Take Care of Yourself
- Stay healthy by getting adequate rest, nutrition and exercise. Schedule time to take care of yourself.
- Keep a growth mindset as you adapt to new circumstances. Your success has as much to do with your effort as it has to do with your ability.
- Monitor your self-talk and stay positive.
- Your mental health and well-being are important! Psychological Counseling Services provides a wide range of short-term mental health services and support.
Manage Your Environment
- Schedule specific times in your day to studying or participating in your online class. Check with your instructor if you should be calling into live Zoom broadcasts.
- Consider using the "Do Not Disturb" function on your devices or a lockdown browser on your computer when you are trying to manage distraction.
- Find a space that is comfortable and allows you to focus. This can be your home base for coursework.
- Communicate regularly with your instructors for updates.
- Don’t forget to call, text, and message friends, family and classmates.
- Take your student organizations to Zoom or hold a group chat to stay in touch.