Audit Services is responsible for coordinating all campus audits both internal and external for the University and Auxiliary Organizations. We support a number of audits including financial, compliance, internal control and investigative.
- We centrally coordinate all external audits and act as a liaison between auditors and campus personnel. All pending audits must be reported to the Director of Auditing Services to ensure appropriate coordination with all related parties and entities. External entities that could approach the campus for an audit include the CSU Chancellor's Office (Office of the University Auditor), federal agencies, various State departments, and CPA firms.
- We serve as a resource regarding policies, laws, and regulations and internal controls.
- We provide analysis, advice, research, and information on a variety of administrative and financial policies and internal controls.
- We have the responsibility to review and assist departments with preparation of external reporting.
Purpose of Audits
An audit is a process for providing a review or verification of programs, activities, or functions. This review is conducted in an independent and objective manner. Purposes of audits include the following assurances:
- Compliance with policies, laws, and regulations
- Safeguarding of resources and assets
- Economical and efficient use of resources
- Accurate and reliable financial information and reports