Business & Finance is responsible for coordinating all campus audits both internal and external for the University and Auxiliary Organizations. We support a number of audits including financial, compliance, internal control and investigative.
- We centrally coordinate all external audits and act as a liaison between auditors and campus personnel. All pending audits must be reported to the AVP Financial & Support Services to ensure appropriate coordination with all related parties and entities. External entities that could approach the campus for an audit include the CSU Chancellor's Office (Office of Audit & Advisory Services), federal agencies, various State departments, and CPA firms.
- We serve as a resource regarding policies, laws, and regulations and internal controls.
- We provide analysis, advice, research, and information on a variety of administrative and financial policies and internal controls.
- We have the responsibility to review and assist departments with preparation of external reporting.
Purpose of Audits
An audit is a process for providing a review or verification of programs, activities, or functions. This review is conducted in an independent and objective manner. Purposes of audits include the following assurances:
- Compliance with policies, laws, and regulations
- Safeguarding of resources and assets
- Economical and efficient use of resources
- Accurate and reliable financial information and reports