Creating Accessible Digital Content
Cheat Sheets for Creating Accessible Digital Content
These one-page Cheat Sheets for Creating Accessible Content contain easy to use ideas.
Promoting Accessibility for Everyone
Spreading the Word
Please print these excellent resources for anyone creating documents, videos, podcasts, and websites and post in approved locations.
- Do's and Don't's for Creating Accessible Course Materials
- Designing for Users on the Autistic Spectrum
- Designing for Users Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Designing for Users With Physical or Motor Disabilities
- Designing for Users With Low Vision
- Designing for Users With Dyslexia
- Designing for Users of Screen Readers
Creating Accessible Material
We send email because we have a message that needs to be delivered, but not everyone can access information using vision alone.
Email messages need to be readable for individuals with vision impairment/blindness and anyone who relies on a screen reader to access the information.
- Creating Accessible Email Messages (printable PDF version available on page)
- Enabling the Text to Speech Feature in Microsoft Outlook (Windows)
- Seven Steps to Creating an Accessible Email in Microsoft Outlook
- Infographic for Creating Accessible Email in Microsoft Outlook
- Fix or Avoid a Broken Link in an Outlook Web Access Email message
- Accessibility Support for Word - step-by-step instructions to make your Word documents accessible to people with disabilities.
- Word Accessible Template Sampler - to help you create documents for visual accommodations.
- PowerPoint Accessibility Tutorial (WebAIM)
- PowerPoint Video Tutorial (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint Accessibility Guide - use as a template or a guide.
- Create Accessible PDFs (Microsoft)
Applies To: Office 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 - Windows, Mac, Online
- Create and Verify Accessible PDF (Adobe)
- Captioning YouTube Videos
A tutorial for uploading captions or transcription files to YouTube videos
Also guides users through the process of automatically creating caption files with YouTube's transcription service.
- YouTube Help Page - Add Subtitles Closed Captions
Convert your files, URLs, or Text into accessible formats. The file is emailed to you after processing.
Directions and information are on the Accessible Media Converter page. RoboBraille is the online tool that completes the processing.
The CSU ATI collection of tutorials, tools, and resources.
A free, open source Ebook library and conversion program (for Windows, Mac, and Linux).
Read your digital content on- and off-line with this free eReader for Windows, Mac, tablets, and mobile devices.
Convert PDF and other file types to different formats.
Microsoft free online file converter for documents, audio, video, images, ebooks, and archives.
EPUB Reader add-on for reading ePub files in Firefox.
Accessible Technology Coordinator