Curriculum Proposal Deadlines
Note: These deadlines are for Department Chairs to submit proposals to their College Curriculum Committees.
The following deadlines have been established for submitting curricular revisions. The dates were established with sensitivity to the time pressures placed on chairs of departments and curriculum committees while also being responsive to the publication deadlines necessary for the Schedule of Classes, the academic catalogs, and academic advising.
Curriculum submitted after the below deadlines may not be considered for the 2020/21 catalog and schedule of classes. Selected Topics course proposals must be submitted to college curriculum committees at least 1 month PRIOR to the posting of the specific Schedule of Classes.
|Level of Review Required||Deadlines for RECEIPT^ by College Curriculum Committee in Curriculog|
|Any Curriculum Requiring University-Wide Committee Review (i.e. UEPC, GC, GE Sub, UWC, etc.)||
September 20, 2019
|New and Modify Course Proposals NOT GE Subcommittee or University Writing Committee Review||
November 8, 2019
|Program Revisions NOT Requiring UEPC or GC Review||
February 21, 2020
^This means the DEPARTMENT CHAIR must approve the proposals in Curriculog by end of business on the stated deadline.
*Single curricular deadline implemented for the 2019/20 academic year after consultation with the University Educational Policies Committee and the Provost Advisory Council.
**In order to ensure new course proposals are reflected in each fall term course schedule system (PICWeb), it is highly suggested that new course proposals are submitted as indicated.
FAQ: Is University-Wide Committee Required?
- Yes, if course seeking designation as a General Education, Writing Proficiency, or Liberal Studies Integrative Course; and/or,
- Yes, if course seeking revision if designated as General Education, Writing Proficiency, or Liberal Studies Integrative Course; and/or,
- Yes, if program revisions indicated program increase in units, effects on other programs, and/or increase in resources.
- Yes, if new degree program, concentration, other sub-program, course prefix, or as determined by the governance committees.
Course Fee Proposal Deadlines
Course Fee proposal forms must be submitted every year by the following dates:
- For fees effective in the Summer/Fall: March 1
- For fees effective in the Spring: August 1
Note: Allow six (6) weeks for the approval process for Course Fee Proposals.