The Writing Program faculty and staff at Stanislaus State are committed to the success of our students and program. As a team, we rely on each other’s strengths and experiences, while sharing knowledge, ideas, and materials. On this site you will find useful information for in-class preparation.
- Workload Suggestions for Writing Program Courses
- First-Year Experience Ideas
- Sample Syllabi
- ENGL 1000 Sample Syllabus.pdf
- ENGL 1001 Sample Syllabus. pdf
- Syllabus Ideas for Joining the Conversation: A guide and Handbook for Writers.
Below you will find some digital alternatives to traditional classroom instruction.
- Moodle - Useful in developing a community site for your students
- Canvas - Adopted and used by Stanislaus State for online networking between students and faculty
- WordPress - Designed as a blog site, but easily formatted for an online classroom community
- Jing - Create a short film of your computer screenshot; easy to use for academic tutorials
- Prezi - an online presentation tool for you and/or students, and a fun alternative to Powerpoint
- Wix - A site that allows for easy, step-by-step website creation
The following is a compilation of sample snapshots of lesson plans, assignment handouts, and tools instructors can use. The links are designed to aid the instructor of English 1000, 1001 and 1002. The links marked with a camera icon are free of copyrights, and the complete PDF documents are available at the bottom of this page.
Updated: August 09, 2023