Presented by Staff Council
Sponsored by the Office of the President
Congratulations to Our Awardees!
- Awardee Randi Esau (Fall 2014)
- Awardee Jerry Anderson (Spring 2014)
- Awardee Tara Ribeiro (Fall 2013)
- Awardee Pamela Burns (Spring 2016)
- Awardee Monica Pope (Spring 2015)
- Awardee Erin Littlepage (Fall 2016)
- Spring 2023 Awardees: Julia Spencer, Breanna McIntyre, Tracy Myers
The purpose of the Staff Award of Excellence program is to recognize and reward meritorious service, dedication, achievement, attitude, excellence, and creativity; to promote positive morale and encourage engagement; and to support the Mission of the University.
The Staff Award of Excellence is given out twice a year. The awardee will receive the following:
- Surprise visit from the President to present awardee with a Letter of Award
- Picture with the President
- Award check for $750 (minus payroll taxes)
- Polo shirt with logo
- Recognition and plaque presented at annual Staff Recognition Ceremony or Staff Picnic
- Lunch with the President
- Postmaster announcement and acknowledgement on the Staff Council Awards webpage
Benefits-eligible staff members of the University and the Auxiliary may be nominated for an award. Faculty, MPP, and student assistants are not eligible to receive this award.
Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, administrators and students electronically or by hard copy to HR. Nominations periods will be announced in the fall and in the spring for each award. Nominations do not carry over from one award period to the next; please resubmit nominations for consideration by the committee.
A committee composed of one representative from Human Resources, one Faculty member, one MPP, and three Staff Council members will recommend finalists to the President. The President shall choose the award recipient.
Your nominations matter! Please nominate a staff member who is making a difference, and let the campus know why they deserve recognition.
Updated: July 27, 2023