The President’s Community Ambassador Council (PCAC) facilitate open lines of communication between the University and the community, while identifying opportunities to establish and build business and community partnerships. PCAC members serve as ambassadors for the University in our surrounding region. In addition, members promote and/or recruit prospective students.
Members of the President’s Community Ambassador Council are appointed by the President of California State University, Stanislaus. Criteria for nomination include distinguished community and/or educational leadership; recognized and respected professional expertise in areas such as business, industry, healthcare, arts, or community based organizations; interest in higher education; recognized high integrity and ethics; demonstrated good judgment and respect for confidentiality. The council convenes three-to-four times each year.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide advice and assistance on matters affecting the development of the University as an educational institution.
- Provide the President with current and impartial impressions of the University’s posture in the community, and offer suggestions on enhancing its public image.
- Assist and serve as a positive advocate or ambassador for Stanislaus State.
- Provide open lines of communication between the University and the community.
- Suggest and facilitate when possible opportunities for business and community partnerships and networking.
- Serve as a task force, when appropriate, to assist the President with special issues.
- Provide the President feedback on city and county matters, and state issues.
Mr. Dale E. Butler, Retired, Deputy Executive Officer
Mrs. Lynn Dickerson, CEO, Gallo Center for the Arts
Ms. Leslie A. Edman, Central Valley Asian-American Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Amin Elmallah, Dean and Professor Emeritus, CSU Stanislaus
Dr. Stephen L. Endsley, Owner, Endsley Properties LLP
Ms. Bev Finley, Retired, Healthcare Administrator
Ms. Kenni Friedman, Retired, Educator
Ms. Eileen Hamilton, Active Community Board Member
Dr. Mary Jones, Retired Educator
Mr. John Lazar, Century 21 M & M Associates
Mr. Bill H. Mattos, California Poultry Industry Federation
Mr. Sedrick V. Mitchell, Deputy Director, External Affairs, California State Parks
Mr. Jim P. Pecchenino, President, Central Catholic High School
Mr. Bruce Roberson, Stockton Unified School District
Mr. Abe Rojas, Community College Trustee, Yosemite Community College District
Ms. Christine Schweininger, Executive Director, Valley Builders Exchange, Inc.
Mr. Don Smail, Principal/Owner, ProCure Consulting
Dr. Ellen Junn, University President
Dr. Michele Lahti, Vice President, University Advancement
Dr. Rosalee Rush, Senior Associate Vice President, Communications, Marketing, Media Relations
Ms. Karlha Davies, Director, Alumni Relations
Ms. Nina Rocha, Director, Administrative Operations