Students who complete the degree program leading to a Bachelor of Art degree in studio or Art History will have achieved:
- A broad understanding of major techniques, processes, and theoretical approaches to drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and new media.
- A broad critical knowledge of important cultures, movements, periods, styles, and individuals in the History of Art.
- The ability to prosper creatively from critical input and exposure to varied viewpoints and backgrounds.
- The ability to progress from an idea through stages to a completed creative statement that exhibits originality, conviction, and quality.
- The ability to benefit through a professional involvement directly or indirectly related to visual art.
- The ability to value the self-enriching nature of Art and to see parallel applications in other endeavors in life.
Updated: July 06, 2023