Membership for 2019/2020
- Christopher Turner, (1) CAHSS, Chair
- Mechelle Perea Ryan, (2) COS
- Mechelle Perea Ryan, (2) Library/At Large
- Anysia Mayer, (1) COEKSW
- Meggan Jordan, (1) CAHSS
- Jenny (Jingyun) Li, (1) CBA
- Stuart Wooley, Faculty Director of GE, Ex-Officio
- October 25, 2019 at 1:30pm in FDC113
- November 8, 2019 at 1:30pm in FDC113
- November 22, 2019 at 1:30pm in FDC113
- December 6, 2019 at 1:30pm in FDC113
- December 20, 2019 at 1:30pm in FDC113
The General Education Subcommittee is primarily responsible for overseeing the General Education program at CSU Stanislaus. The responsibilities of the General Education Subcommittee, as formulated by the UEPC, is as follows:
- Establish meeting dates by semester, to be published to the campus community.
- Submit agendas and meeting minutes to the Recording Secretary of the UEPC. Transmit all agendas and meeting minutes to the campus community via electronic networks.
- Review, approve or disapprove requests from departments/programs for courses to be included into the General Education Program, and make decisions for continuance or discontinuance of General Education course designations.
- Implement policies and procedures that are submitted to the General Education Subcommittee from the UEPC; make recommendations to the UEPC for changes in general education policies and procedures.
- Provide support for the articulation of courses from the community colleges.
- Oversee preparation of General Education catalog copy.
- Review each department/program's General Education courses on a seven-year cycle in coordination with the department/program's seven-year academic program review. Solicit input from academic departments regarding General Education course offerings; evaluate courses according to CSU Stanislaus' articulated General Education program goals, objectives, and criteria and provide an assessment to the UEPC.
- Submit an annual year-end report to the UEPC, to include a summary of the years events and recommendations for next steps.