Please check our Virtual Activity Link for science you can do at home.
Science in Our Community would like to thank you for the constant support you have all offered us this academic year. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 and the ongoing pandemic, we have had to ultimately cancel many of our events. Nonetheless, we are still working hard to develop a multitude of virtual activities for the upcoming academic year! We sincerely appreciate your patience and thank you for understanding. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
About Science in Our Community
The Stan State Science in Our Community Outreach Program is dedicated to science education and public engagement. This program, supported by volunteer efforts of Stan State students, faculty and staff, provides STEM activities to educationally and economically disadvantaged students is the campus's service area.
The Science in Our Community STEM Outreach Program seeks to:
- encourage the community to visit the local campus;
- encourage students to be engaged in the STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics);
- encourage local students to attend Stan State, consider a STEM major, especially those populations underrepresented in the STEM Community (i.e. Hispanics and women);
- allow Stan State students to teach the community about science and its importance in society today;
- promote Science as lifelong learning for all citizens.
Students of all ages and their families will have the opportunity to explore the world of science for free at the annual Science Day and Science Saturday events hosted by the College of Science at Stanislaus State. Hands-on experiences with reptiles, insects, skulls, and fossils, as well as demonstrations and lab tours, will allow visitors to make discoveries in a variety of fields including biology, chemistry, computer science, geology, mathematics, physics, psychology, nursing, and child development.
Our science outreach has expanded to include the Junior Scientist, STEM Ambassadors, Solar Suitcase and Delhi Medical Academy of Science programs. You can read more about these programs by clicking the links in the contents.
Request for more information about the STEM outreach activities in the College of Science.
Would you like to get on our email list for information about future science activities? Please provide the information requested below.