View information for the Department of Philosophy and Modern Languages , including Learning Objectives for the department and its programs.
1. Lower Division (6 units)
a. Complete one of the following critical thinking courses:
b. Complete the following introduction to moral analysis:
- PHIL 2400 - Contemporary Moral Issues
2. Upper Division (12 units)
a. Complete the following course in ethical theory:
- PHIL 3400 - Ethics (WP)
b. Complete three additional courses in practical ethics, from the following list:
- PHIL 3700 - Concepts of Race and Identity in Philosophical Perspective
- PHIL 4050 - Environmental Ethics
- PHIL 4401 - Professional Ethics
- PHIL 4430 - Bioethics
- PHIL 4440 - Business Ethics
- PHIL 4600 - Philosophy and Feminism
Other relevant courses may be selected with the approval of the Chair.