Request A Mentor
As part of the University's continued efforts to support the program review process, promote the increased use of direct assessment across all programs, and to "close the loop" for the continual improvement of student learning, the University has established a group of Assessment Mentors in effect for 2012-13. The Assessment Mentors are available to assist with program-level assessment and will respond to requests from programs. Program use of this resource is voluntary.
Assessment Mentor Responsibilities/Tasks
Assessment Mentor responsibilities include assisting programs/departments with requests for help with program-level assessment. Examples include:
- developing or refining program student learning outcomes.
- creating or revising a rubric/assessment measure.
- conducting a focus group.
- interpreting assessment findings.
- using assessment findings for improving student learning, programs, and the assessment process ("closing the loop").
Assessment Mentor Process - Submitting a Request
- Program assessment request is submitted via the Office of Assessment website.
- Assessment Specialist contacts program if additional information is needed.
- Upon approval by the AVP for Academic Planning and Analysis, the program request is forwarded to Mentor with complimentary background. Programs can also request a specific Mentor if preferred.
- Request is submitted to the appropriate Mentor, who then contacts the program and schedules a meeting time.
- Mentor assists the program with requested task.
- Mentor provides the Office of Assessment with a brief descriptive report/log to be used for payment claim (Mentors will be paid a consultant rate of $250/day).
- A questionnaire/survey will be sent out to the program to evaluate their experience.