Academic Program Review
In accordance with the academic program review (APR) policy of the California State University, the APR procedures are provided for the review of undergraduate, graduate, and post-baccalaureate programs; interdisciplinary programs; honors programs; and general education at CSU Stanislaus.
The following page includes information and resources related to the following topics:
- Academic Program Review (APR) Procedures, Schedule, and Timeline
- Submitting the Academic Program Review
- APR Implementation Plans
- Closing the Loop: APR Review Criteria
- Campus Resources and Archives
Academic program review's primary goal is to enhance the quality of academic programs. To achieve this purpose, the APR procedures encourage self-study and planning within programs and strengthen the connections among the strategic plans of the program, the college, and the university. In addition, the essential element of the APR is the identification and assessment of student learning outcomes as a key indicator of program effectiveness. Further, APRs provide information for curricular and budgetary planning decisions at each administrative level.
- Academic Program Review Procedures.pdf
- Doctoral Academic Program Review Policy.pdf
- Doctoral Academic Program Review Procedures.pdf
- Academic Program Review Schedule. Please note that colleges are listed in separate tabs.
- Academic Program Review Timeline (see also Appendix 4)
Stanislaus State has adopted Campus Labs as the campus Accountability Management System. The templates listed below are now available for electronic submission via Campus Labs. The Department Chair will have default access to the program's self-study workspace.
Please contact the Office of Assessment to add members (various levels of permissions are available). Log-in by clicking on the image below or sign-on at csustan.compliance-assist.com
Self-Study Template & Appendices
|Year||Department Implementation Plan||Provost Memo|
|2017- 18||Anthropology Implementation Plan||Anthropology Memo|
|Ethnic Studies Implementation Plan||Ethnic Studies Memo|
Office of Assessment Website - Assessment Planning
Academic Program Review Assessment
An Evaluation of the Academic Program Review Process.pdf
Benchmarking: CSU and UC Campus Comparison of Program Review Processes.pdf
Benchmarking: CSU and UC Campus Comparison of Program Review Processes- CSU Stanislaus Responses. pdf
Presentations and Handouts
- July 2011 Department Chairs APR PPT.pdf
- July 2011 Department Chairs handout.pdf
- Seven-Year APR cycle.pdf
- March 2012 APR Continuous Improvement.ppt