Young Writers Workshop at Stanislaus State
Looking for a chance to write and be creative? The Young Writers Workshop offers two exciting opportunities for budding authors who will be entering second-fourth grades and fifth-eighth grades.
Weekdays, July 9-20, 2018
8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Stanislaus State, Turlock Campus
Enrollment in Young Writers Workshop is now open. The $250 early bird discount will be available until April 30.
To register, parents should use this CashNet link and pay by credit card. Each child's CashNet registration must be submitted individually in the correct grade level posting, and parents must provide a signed liability waiver (PDF) for each child on the first day of YWW.
Please read the publication and medical authorizations (PDF) prior to registering children for YWW.
What is the Young Writers Workshop?
This program offers a unique opportunity for students to develop their writing talents. Under the guidance of experienced Great Valley Writing Project Teacher Consultants, students have a chance to grow as writers. Students share writings with fellow students, conference with teachers, and experiment with a variety of genre and creative techniques.
Fees and Discounts:
- Earlybird Discounted fee ($250) ends on April 30, 2018. Fee is $275 after May 1.
- The registration fee includes all class materials plus a program T-shirt, and students will receive an anthology of their writing at the conclusion of the workshop.
- Please note that payment by credit card is the only option available; we can no longer accept checks.
Read Newspaper Articles:
- “Local students hone craft in Young Writers’ Workshop" – Turlock Journal, June 2014
- “Great Valley Writing Project builds young writers’ confidence” – Central Valley Business Journal, August 2015
Get early notifications about our workshops: