Young Writers Workshop at Stanislaus State
Looking for a chance to write and be creative? The Young Writers Workshop offers two exciting opportunities for budding authors who will be entering second-fourth grades and fifth-eighth grades in August.
Weekdays, July 10-21, 2017
8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Stanislaus State, Turlock Campus
Enrollment in Young Writers Workshop is now open. The early bird discount will be available until June 15. Parents must complete and submit this short google form for each child. After enrolling, parents will receive the link to register and pay by credit card.
What is the Young Writers Workshop?
This program offers a unique opportunity for students to develop their writing talents. Under the guidance of experienced Great Valley Writing Project Teacher Consultants, students have a chance to grow as writers. Students share writings with fellow students, conference with teachers, and experiment with a variety of genre and creative techniques.
Fees and Discounts:
- The $250 registration fee includes all class materials plus a program T-shirt, and students will receive an anthology of their writing at the conclusion of the workshop.
- Earlybird Discount – Families who register online before June 15, 2017 pay just $225 per student.
- Family Discount – When registering 2 or more students from the same family, we offer a $25 discount for each additional child.
- Please note that payment by credit card is the only option available; we can no longer accept checks.
Read Newspaper Articles:
- “Local students hone craft in Young Writers’ Workshop" – Turlock Journal, June 2014
- “Great Valley Writing Project builds young writers’ confidence” – Central Valley Business Journal, August 2015
Get early notifications about our workshops: