Applying for Graduation
It is recommended that applications for graduation be submitted to the Enrollment Services Office within the first two weeks of the planned completion term.
Priority Deadline for Graduate Students
|Spring 2020||March 1, 2020*|
|Fall 2019||September 7, 2019|
*Students must apply for graduation by this date to be included in the commencement program.
Spring 2020: May 15th - Final date to submit bindery-ready copies to the Library.
Summer 2020: August 10th - Final date to submit bindery-ready copies to the Library.
Fall 2019: December 11th - Final date to submit bindery-ready copies to the Library.
In order to clear for graduation in a given term, students must adhere to these deadlines.
Are You Ready to Graduate?
Use this to-do list to ensure that you complete all the tasks required for graduation.
- 1. Contact Your Program CoordinatorDuring the term before you plan to graduate, contact your program coordinator to discuss the completion of your degree requirements.
- 2. Application for GraduationSubmit an application for graduation to the Enrollment Services Office within the first two weeks of the planned completion term. A $60 fee must be paid to the Cashiers Office in order for the form to be processed. You must apply for graduation to have your degree conferred.
- 3. Thesis/Dissertation/ProjectSubmit your completed work to the library by the appropriate deadline.
Things to Consider...
Make sure your coursework has not expired:
- All program coursework must be completed within seven consecutive years. Coursework taken more than seven years ago (but less than 10 years ago) at the time of graduation will require a Validation of Outdated Coursework form.
- Courses taken 10 years prior to time of graduation will be considered expired and cannot be counted toward program completion.
Finished with coursework prior to graduation? Ensure that you are enrolled in units during your last semester:
- If you are working on a thesis or project, but are no longer in coursework, enroll in 7005 Special Registration.
- If you are working on a dissertation, but are no longer in coursework, enroll in 7007 Special Registration.
- If you are completing comprehensive exams, but are no longer in coursework, enroll in 7006 Special Registration.