Academic Student Employees
Academic Student Employees are Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants and Instructional Student Assistants that are hired by campus departments or hiring units to perform a variety of academic related duties. Academic Student Employees are part of Collective Bargaining Unit 11, which is represented by the California Alliance for Academic Student Employees/International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).
Faculty members and supervisors are encouraged to consult with Faculty Affairs 667-3392 to determine if Unit 11 is the appropriate classification for a specific student assistant job.
- Classification and Qualification Standards
- Guidelines for Hiring Academic Student Employees.pdf
- CHRS Recruiting - User Guides and Training
- Salary Schedule-Graduate Assistant Class Codes 2355, 2325
- Salary Schedule-Instructional Student Assistant Class Code 1150
- Salary Schedule-Teaching Associate Class Code 2354
- 12-Month GA Total Award Pay Calculator
UAW Article 2 provides that the University shall post a summary of bargaining unit positions by department or hiring unit and classification that were filled in that academic year. See Annual Hiring Summaries.
Updated: February 27, 2024