Academic Student Employees

Academic Student Employees are Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants and Instructional Student Assistants that are hired by campus departments or hiring units to perform a variety of academic related duties. Academic Student Employees are part of Collective Bargaining Unit 11, which is represented by the California Alliance for Academic Student Employees/International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).

Faculty members and supervisors are encouraged to consult with Faculty Affairs 667-3392 to determine if Unit 11 is the appropriate classification for a specific student assistant job. 

Academic Student Jobs (Unit 11)

Main Dining outdoor patio area with seating.
Teaching Associates
Teaching Associate Jobs
Science 1 building front entrance.
Graduate Assistants
Graduate Assistant Jobs
University Student Center Second Floor Exterior
Instructional Student Assistants
Instructional Student Assistant Jobs

Hiring Guidelines

Employment Forms

Hiring Summaries

UAW Article 2 provides that the University shall post a summary of bargaining unit positions by department or hiring unit and classification that were filled in that academic year.  See Annual Hiring Summaries.

Updated: February 27, 2024