A National Honor Society for First-Generation College Students
Membership in the local chapter (Alpha Zeta Chapter) honors your academic achievement. The purpose of this organization is to recognize academic excellence and provide opportunities for personal growth, leadership development, and campus and community service for first-generation college students.
Virtual Initiation Ceremony
We are pleased to honor our Spring 2020 and Spring 2021 inductees. View the 2021 Tri-Alpha Virtual Induction Ceremony.
Alpha Alpha Alpha, or Tri-Alpha, was founded March 24, 2018 at Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Over 100 members of the Alpha Chapter were initiated that day, including undergraduate students, faculty, staff, alumni, and honorary members. Following the successful induction, the College took steps to incorporate Alpha Alpha Alpha so that chapters could be started on other campuses across the country. Tri-Alpha exists as a not-for-profit (501(c)3) organization, for the purposes of supporting the activities of the honors society.
Students who meet the following eligibility requirements will be invited for membership:
- Enrolled full-time
- Completed at least one term at Stanislaus State
- Earned at least 36 semester units towards a baccalaureate degree (may include transfer credit)
- Achieved an overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Neither of the student's parents nor legal guardians completed a bachelor's degree
- Full-time graduate students who are first-generation students can be admitted if they have completed at least one term of study (9 or more graduate credits) and have a GPA in their graduate program of at least 3.0
Faculty and staff may be inducted as well. To qualify, they must have met the definition of a first-generation student listed above at the time they completed their bachelor's degree. Faculty and staff must be willing to serve as mentors for first-generation students.
Updated: June 30, 2023