Graduate and ADN-BSN Coordinator, Associate Professor, RN, FNP, PhD, Appointed: August, 2006
- Department: School of Nursing
- Building Location: Demergasso-Bava. See Building #21. MAP
- Office Location: DBH 257. MAP
- Phone: (209) 667- 6591
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2006 PhD, Physiological Nursing
University of California, San Francisco
- 2001 Masters of Science, Nursing
Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA
- 1976 Bachelors of Science, Nursing
Spalding University, Louisville, KY
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Mental Health (School of Nursing BRN Content Area Expert)
- Geriatrics (School of Nursing BRN Content Area Expert)
Graduate Practicum in Contemporary Practice
Graduate Seminar in Contemporary Practice
Graduate Nursing Research
Mental Health Nursing
Transcultural Nursing Care
- Wellness WORKs! a Welfare-to-Wellness-to-Work Program
- Wellness Clinic
- Health Assessment in Mental Health
- Transcultural Nursing
- Wikis in Graduate Education
- Faculty Mentoring
- 2011 Present Associate Professor, CSU Stanislaus School of Nursing
- 2008 Present Graduate Coordinator, Department of Nursing
- 2008 Present Assistant Chair of Nursing, Department of Nursing
- 2006 Present Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing
- 2001 2006 Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Practice, Lodi, California
Research and Publications:
Martin, C. T. (2012), Promoting pedagogical experimentation: Using a wiki in graduate level education. Submitted for publication to Computers Informatics Nursing, June 2012.
Martin, C. T., Keswick, J. L., Crayton, D., & LeVeck, P. (2012). Perceptions of self-esteem in a welfare-to-wellness-to-work program. Public Health Nursing, 29(1), 19-26. doi: 10:1111/J.1525-1446.00968.x
Martin, C. T. & Hodge, M. (2011). A nursing department faculty mentored research project. Nurse Educator, 36(1), 35-39.
Martin, C. T. Culturally based health and illness beliefs and practices across the life span. In M. K. Douglas, & D. F. Pacquiao (Eds.), Core Curriculum for Transcultural Nursing and Health Care. Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
Martin, C.T. (2010). Culturally based health and illness beliefs and practices across the life span. In M. K. Douglas, & D. F. Pacquiao (Eds.), Core Curriculum for Transcultural Nursing and Health Care. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 21(1), 152S-235S.
Martin, C. T., Keswick, J. L., & LeVeck, P. (2010). A welfare-to-wellness-to-work program.
Journal of Community Health Nursing, 27(3), 146-159.
Hodge, M., Martin, C. T., Tavernier, D., Perea-Ryan, M., & Alcala-Van Houten, L. (2008). Integrating simulation across the curriculum. Nurse Educator, 33(5), 210-214.
Martin, C. T., Kayser-Jones, J., Stotts, N. A., & Froelicher, E. S. (2008). Elders Views of Health Care Provider Advice on Normal and Low Weight. Journal of Nutrition Health and Aging, 12(1), 45-48.
Martin, C. T., & Simmons, S. F. (2008). Weight gain assistance. In B. J. Ashley, G. B. Ladwig, B. A. Swan, & S. J. Tucker (Eds.), Evidence- Based Nursing Care Guidelines: Medical-Surgical Interventions. (1st ed., pp. 936-943). St. Louis, MI: Mosby Elsevier.
Martin, C. T., Kayser-Jones, J., Stotts, N. A., Porter, C., & Froelicher, E. S. (2007). Low Weight Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Clinical Nurse Specialist: Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice, 21(4), 203-211.
Martin, C. T., Kayser-Jones, J., Stotts, N. A., Porter, C., & Froelicher, E. S (2006).Unintentional Weight Loss and Low Weight in Community-Living Older Adults: A Review of the Literature [1995-2005]. Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, 61A(9), 927-934.
Martin, C. T., Kayser-Jones, J., Stotts, N. A., Porter, C., & Froelicher, E.S. (2005). Factors contributing to low weight in community-living, older adults. Journal of American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 17(10), 425-431.
- 2012 - Leadership in Changing Times Changes in Nursing Education, Annual Henry
and Sylvia Wong Symposium for Nurses Academic and Service Partnerships,
- 2012 - The School of Nursing Assessment Plan and Accreditation Process, CSU
Stanislaus Assessment Spotlight 2012
- 2011 - Sighting Google Sites: Wikis and Pubic Intellectualism in a Graduate Seminar
CSU Stanislaus Instructional Institute Day
- 2010 - Wellness WORKs! Research Project, The California University 4th Conference
on Community-Based Research Transforming Scholarship: Transforming All Our
Live Northern California Regional (Berkeley, CA)
- 2010 - Faculty Mentored Research, Western Institute of Nursing Research
Conference (Glendale, AZ)
- 2009 - Faculty Mentored Research, California State University, Stanislaus RSCA Week
- 2009 - Working with Community Partners, California State University, Stanislaus
- 2008 - Wellness WORKs!, CalWORKs Partnerships Summit (San Francisco, CA) 2008 - Collaborative Research, California State University, Stanislaus RSCA Week
- 2007 - Low Weight in Community Dwelling Older Adults, 39th Biennial Sigma Theta
Tau International Convention (Baltimore, MD) and 60th Annual Gerontological
Society of America Convention (San Francisco, CA)
- 2012 Fall Semester CSU Stanislaus CEGE Center GA Student Position Award,
Wellness WORKs! and Wellness Clinic Research
- 2011 - CSU Stanislaus CEGE Service Learning FACES Team 5-Year Award, Wellness
- 2011 - CSU Stanislaus RSCA Grant, Wellness WORKs! Research
- 2011 Fall Semester CSU Stanislaus CEGE Center GA Student Position, Wellness
WORKs! and Wellness Clinic Research
- 2011 Summer Semester CSU Stanislaus CEGE Center GA Student Position Award,
Wellness WORKs! Research
- 2011 Spring Semester CSU Stanislaus CEGE Center GA Student Position Award,
Wellness WORKs! Research
- 2007 - CSU Stanislaus Health & Human Science Summer Research Stipend, Wellness
- 2006 Present San Joaquin County Mental Health, Wellness WORKs!
- 2004 - VA Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, Department of Veterans Affairs, Strategies to
improve Low Weight in Outpatient Elders (declined)
- 2004 - 2006 National Institute of Health (NIH), National Institute of Nursing
Research (NINR).1 F31 NR009165-01, Undernutrition in Community Dwelling Older Adults