The Faculty Development Committee is a committee established by the Academic Senate. Section 5.0 identifies the composition and task of the committee.
5.1) The FDC shall be comprised of six voting faculty members including five, each from a different discipline. Elections shall be conducted by the Committee on Committees according to the procedures in Article VI., Section 3.2. The Speaker shall be an ex officio voting member of the FDC. A non-voting executive secretary shall be appointed by the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- The FDC shall, from among its members, elects its own chair each year.
- Elected members of the FDC shall have terms of office of two years. The terms shall be staggered. The terms of newly elected members shall commence with the final day of scheduled classes for the academic year.
5.2) The duties for the FCD shall include the following:
- To help faculty improve their competence as teachers and scholars.
- To promote the professional development of the faculty.
- To encourage faculty research, scholarship, creativity, and artistic activity.
- To promote an atmosphere of shared scholarly activity.
- To advise the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs on faculty development.
|Nancy Burroughs(Sp 2014)||Communication Studiesemail@example.com||3841|
|Katie Olivant(2)||Liberal Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org||6813|
|Kevin Van Dewark(2)||MOMemail@example.com||6695|
|Dennis Shimek||Faculty Affairs and HRfirstname.lastname@example.org||3746|
|Voting member of FDC|
|John García||Speaker of the Facultyemail@example.com||3670|