The Faculty Development Committee is a committee established by the Academic Senate. Section 5.0 identifies the composition and task of the committee.
5.1 The FDC shall be comprised of seven voting faculty members. Five voting faculty members shall come from among instructional and non-instructional faculty (elected by the general faculty). The composition of these five members shall be:
- One representative from each college;
- One additional at-large member from the instructional or non-instructional faculty body.
- A sixth voting faculty member shall be a lecturer (non-tenure track) faculty member (elected by lecturers). Elections shall be conducted by the Committee on Committees according to the procedures in Article VI., Section 3.2.
- The Speaker shall be an ex-officio voting member of the FDC.
The Vice President for Faculty Affairs and Human Resources (or designee), a representative from OIT/Learning Services, and the director of the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning shall be ex-officio, non-voting members.
- The FDC shall, from among its members, elect its own Chair each year.
- Elected members of the FDC shall have terms of office of two years, with the exception of the lecturer representative who shall serve a one-year term. Two-year terms shall be staggered. The terms of newly elected members shall commence with the final day of scheduled classes for the academic year.
- Members of the Faculty Development Committee are not eligible to apply for FDC mini grants.
5.2 The duties of the FDC shall include the following:
- To help integrate new faculty into the University community.
- To help faculty improve their competence as teachers and scholars.
- To promote the professional development of the faculty.
- To encourage faculty research, scholarship, creativity, and artistic activity.
- To promote an atmosphere of shared scholarly activity.
- To advise the campus community, primarily through the Director of the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and the Vice President for Faculty Affairs and Human Resources on issues related to faculty development.
2015-2016 Committee Members
|Anysia Mayer(1)||Adv. Studiesemail@example.com||3364|
|Mandy Huang (2)||Financefirstname.lastname@example.org||3049|
|Gina Cook (1)||Psychologyemail@example.com||3575|
|Ex-Officio Members (non-voting)|
|Dennis Shimek||Faculty Affairs and HRfirstname.lastname@example.org||3746|
|Ex-Officio Members (voting)|
|Mark Thompson||Speaker of the Faculty/ Englishemail@example.com||3591|