Things to Know

Thinks to Know About DACA 

On November 12, 2019, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) heard oral arguments in the case of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). A decision is expected between now and June of 2020.

  • If your DACA expires in 2020, we recommend you speak with a legal service provider about renewing your DACA now.
  • New applications are still NOT being accepted at this moment, and advance parole is NOT available.


CSU enrollment and tuition policies are not based on DACA status and will not be impacted if DACA is repealed. Likewise, state funding available under the California Dream Act is not based on DACA status and will not change. Get more information about financial aid programs.


If you are an existing DACA recipient, you may continue to be employed and may continue to use the Employee Authorization Documents (EAD) issued to you until your EAD expires.

If your EAD expires and you are not able to renew it, the CSU will be unable to continue to employ you.

For workplace rights visit 


Guide for undocumented individuals traveling in California. If you require assistance with travel, you should consult with our legal counsel.