Do you like puzzles? Problem solving? Math? Science? How about working in teams? Computer Science might be for you. CS majors will use their skills in technological areas such as computer networking, image processing, database design and development and artificial intelligence. Students focus on problem solving, taking into account the capabilities of the technology and available resources.
Where can our Computer Science program take you?
Possible careers/fields of work include computer security specialist, game designer, systems analyst, programming, system administrator, network administrator, software engineering, database manager and management information systems.
Degrees and Programs
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Minor in Computer Science
Interesting classes you might take
- Computer Organization
- Operating Systems I
- Programming Languages
- Theory of Algorithms
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Communication Networks
Coding and Information Theory
Topics to be selected from error detecting and correcting codes, encryption and decryption techniques, RSA and knapsack codes, algebraic coding theory, Hamming distance, sphere packing and its relation to optimal codes.
What you can learn
- Knowledge of internal data structures, associated algorithms, and analytic techniques concerning such data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of ethical issues affecting professionals working in technical and other fields
- Knowledge of computer operating system principles
What you can earn
- Web Designer, $65,000
- Senior Programmer Analyst, $98,000
- IT Project Manager, $102,000
Source: Indeed.com 2014, CA