A Reputation Built on Solid Performance
The Princeton Review consistently rates California State University, Stanislaus among the Best Colleges in the nation, a distinction awarded to only 15 percent of colleges and universities throughout the United States. The University is among the Top 100 colleges for bachelor’s degrees awarded to Hispanic students, and it is designated as a Hispanic-serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. The American Association of State Colleges and Universities recognized Stanislaus State as one of 12 public universities nationwide that demonstrate exceptional performance in improving retention and graduation rates.
Stanislaus State consistently receives high ratings from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). It is noted for small class sizes and a low percentage of student debt upon graduation.
Stanislaus State received its first full accreditation in 1965 and full re-accreditations in 1999 and 2010 from:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
The following programs are accredited by their specialty organizations:
College of the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Art - National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Music - National Association of Schools of Music
- Public Administration - National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- Theatre - National Association of Schools of Theatre
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Intl.
College of Education, Kinesiology & Social Work
- Education - California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Social Work - Council on Social Work Education
College of Science
- Genetic Counseling - American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Nursing - Board of Registered Nursing; Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Visit the Accreditation website for more information