The Graduate Equity Fellowship
The Graduate Equity Fellowship (GEF) program seeks to increase the diversity of students completing graduate degree programs in the CSU, encourages continuation of master’s students toward doctoral programs, and promotes consideration of university faculty careers. The GEF provides fellowships for economically disadvantaged CSU students and promotes faculty mentoring and research opportunities. GEF funds are provided to Stanislaus State by the CSU system. Individual graduate programs make the final selection of recipients of Graduate Equity Fellowships from among qualified applicants from those programs. Awards are generally ~$1,000 per academic year, divided equally between fall and spring semesters. The amount awarded is to defray the costs of tuition and books.
To be eligible for the Graduate Equity Fellowship, you must:
- Be a legal California resident;
- Be admitted and enrolled as a graduate student in a "statewide" masters or doctoral graduate degree program at Stan State (i.e., you are NOT eligible if you are a student in a UEE graduate program, such as EMBA, OMBA, MSGC, Hybrid MSW, and MA-IS Child Development);
- Have completed the FAFSA for the upcoming academic year and have a financial need of at least $1,000;
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six units per semester and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 each semester of award;
- Demonstrate potential to succeed in graduate school.
- Complete and submit an application through the Info Ready online system before the deadline, including a maximum 250-word essay in response to this prompt: "Describe your academic and personal background, and how it relates to the goals of the GEF to increase diversity by encouraging students with economically disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a graduate degree. Describe your goals and how the award will help you accomplish your goals."
Please note: if a graduate student is receiving any federal or state financial aid (including student loans) the Graduate Equity Fellowship is considered estimated financial assistance and will be counted as part of the student’s financial aid award. The Graduate Fellowship will be coordinated with the financial aid package to ensure that the student is not receiving more financial aid than their Cost of Attendance.
The application period for Spring 2019 is open. Applications are due April 3. Apply through the Stan State InfoReady website.