External Consultant Visit:
- Meet with unit's personnel and its various stakeholders.
- Tour facilities and, where appropriate, visit external campuses such as those in Stockton.
- External consultant provides a written report to the Review Team.
Selecting External Consultants:
Support Unit will identify a list of four potential candidates ranked in order of preference.
The following information is required for each external consultant nominated by the department undergoing review:
- Name, address, phone number, email address, and web site URL, if a web site is available
- A brief description (two to three sentences) noting how the reviewer was selected for recommendation by the department
- The reason why each recommended reviewer represents a “good-fit” in reviewing the Stan State department or program
- For example, does the nominated individual have experience with units similar to the on-campus department in scope and size?
- Does the person have a background in developing or overseeing a department with the same mix of programs offered on Stan State campus?
- Or, perhaps the reviewer has a background in an area in which our department wants to grow, and the reason for nominating him or her is that the reviewer will provide expertise needed for moving the department to the next level of excellence.
- A notation of any prior professional or personal relationships that department members have with the individual being nominated
- A statement as to whether the nominated external consultant may be in a position of competing with the department (or any potential conflict of interest) which would disqualify him or her from serving as a consultant
- A vita for each individual nominated
1. Names of external consultant candidates are submitted to the Division VP for approval.
2. Approved candiates are then submitted to VP of SPEMI by Self-Study due date.
Required information listed above should be submitted electronically.
3. Vice President of SPEMI issues a letter of invitation to the external consultant to confirm acceptance and availability.