ORSP provides services to the University community in identifying funding opportunities. ORSP subscribes to the Grants Resource Center (GRC) which offers an excellent grant search engine. If you prefer to have a custom tailored search performed by ORSP, please contact ORSP.
The first step for any PI should always be to discuss prospective projects with the appropriate Department Chair and School Dean to obtain school level support before proceeding with the development of a proposal.
When ready to move forward, please contact ORSP (email@example.com, 667-3493) to setup a meeting with a Grant & Contract Specialist who will guide you through the process.
This flowchart gives an overview of the process.
Grant Writing Tutorials
- The Foundation Center -- Short Proposal Writing Course
- National Science Foundation Guide for Proposal Writing
Grant Writing Publications (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to these publicaitons)
- New Faculty Guide to Competing for Research Funding
- Strategies for Planning, Development, and Writing Large Team Grants
Proposal Development Webinar
- Faculty Proposal Development Webinar (login then search "Proposal Development")
presented by Dr. Ganesh Raman, AVC for Research, Office of the Chancellor
- Stanislaus State Office of Institutional Research
- California Department of Education -- Data & Statistics
- US Department of Agriculture -- Economic Research Service
- US Department of Labor -- Bureau of Labor Statistics